Advisory Board Member
Tony King is a member of the Fresh Development Group Ltd (FDG) Advisory Board. He provides advice on the legal sector, the SRA and legal education strategy. Additionally, he provides consultancy to our clients’ senior management and partners.
Tony has a significant profile role in global legal education and training. He has achieved this by combining a highly successful career with Clifford Chance, whilst holding several key committee and advisory positions in professional associations.
Tony spent his early career as a lawyer, specialising in tax, before managing the global learning and development function at Clifford Chance. His roles in the firm included Director of Education, Head of HR Development and Director of the Clifford Chance Academy.
His advisory positions in professional associations have in the past included:
- A Founder Member of the Legal Education and Training Group
- Chair of the Training Committee of The City of London Law Society
- Chair of the Education and Training Committee of The Law Society of England & Wales
- Co-Chair of the Academic and Professional Development Committee of The International Bar Association.
- Member of the Joint Legal Education and Training Review Consultation Panel.
- Member of the Professional Development Consortium
He current advisory positions include:
- Member of Queen’s Counsel Selection Panel
- Chair of the Qualification Working Group
- Trustee, IPSEA
Tony is an experienced writer and speaker. He is co-author of two legal textbooks and edited a series of books on business skills for lawyers.