Solicitors supervising trainees
Workshop, including practical case study exercises and feedback.
The objective of this course is to provide trainee supervisors with the skills that will enable them to supervise and obtain maximum effort and performance from the firm’s trainee solicitors. The course focuses on supervision and delegation techniques, and develops each participant’s supervision and delegation skills through practical exercises.
- The training contract – the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority (SRA) regulatory regime
- SRA Training Regulations 2014 – Outcomes TR1 – TR6
- Identifying matters to delegate and exercising effective delegation techniques
- Effective supervision of tasks delegated to trainees
- Accountability of trainees for compliance with SRA requirements and for work delegated to them
- Providing constructive feedback to, and setting objectives for, trainees
The success measures for the course are:
- Recognition by participants of the importance of complying with SRA Training Regulations 2011 and 2014 when supervising trainees
- Knowledge of how to effectively delegate tasks to trainees and supervise their work
- Knowledge of how to provide regular constructive feedback to trainees
- Incremental improvement in the exercise of these skills by participants in their day-to-day supervision of trainees