Plenary session and workshop exercises (drafting and discussion).
To provide practical guidance for participants in contract drafting and to enable them to think clearly about the contract objectives, the essential elements of a contract and the need for plain language.
- Basic drafting principles
- Composition of a contract
- Plain English
The success measures for the course are that participants should gain an understanding of:
- The use of contracts
- How to reflect the intention of the parties
- The structure and essential elements of contracts
- The need for plain English in contracts